Skill & Experience
Stewardship and pragmatism.
Software management specializing in Applications, Cloud, Dev-Ops, Agile, and digital transformation to deliver projects on time and within budget. I aim to improve the performance of everyone who works with me.
- Project Management
- Scrum, Agile, and system refinement
- Dev-ops and operations management
- Consulting and Project Rescue
I am a Certified Professional Scrum Master and a Certified Professional Product Owner. These ideas and processes are the most common thread in software. The ability to talk, walk, and run Scrum is lingua-franca for projects.
- Extensive experience running all ceremonies
- Backlog management
- User story creation
- "Definition of Done", UA, and testing
- PSM and PSPO Certified
A Software Natural
Project management for me began in 2006. Considerable experience as a developer allows me to jump into any project as a lead or support. My goal is to deliver products, create accountability, and be the manager trusted by team members.
- Project coordination and rescue
- Estimation and resource allocation
- Budget and reporting
- Vendor Management
- Reporting, accountability, and transparency
Friends and/or Foes
Story, task, and sprint tools are key for all teams on a project. Software and services used for a project tend to each be a unique linchpin that warrants respect, understanding, and occasionally fear.
- Jira, Confluence, Asana, Notion, ADO (Azure Dev-Ops), Linear, and others
- AWS, Azure, Heroku, Digital Ocean
- ELK Stack, New Relic, and other suites
- Custom tooling, APIs, and diagnostics
One more thing...
The Real Difference
I am a knowledge junkie and have been very fortunate to be given amazing opportunities, teams, and projects. All of these skills and a diverse tech background benefits my work and allow projects to flourish.
- 1 million+ lines of code written
- Dev-ops experience, including Operations Manager
- Marketing (creation/management)
- SEO/SEM, discovery, and social management
- Information security